My Favorite Ron Paul Video

If you haven’t at least Googled Ron Paul, do yourself a favor and do that now. I am a registered Democrat folks. I have never voted for a Republican in my life. A friend spoke to me about Ron Paul and I took her advice and Googled his name. I think it might have changed my life, and I am not kidding. Never have I been inspired by someone who was running for the office of the president before. Never have I considered actually donating money before. But I am inspired by him and his constant truth and principle. I actually donated money to a political campaign. I am still shocked by that, and the fact that I will continue to donate as I am able until he (hopefully) wins the primary.

That being said, I don’t agree with him on every single issue. Some of what we disagree on is a matter of personal belief or opinion. However, his political views being what they are, any issues we disagree on personally, he believes are best left to the people to decide on, and not our government.

So I challenge to you cross your typical party lines, and open your mind to new ideas. We’ll start with the Constitution; do we remember what that is anymore? Watch this, google the man, see where it might take you.

About these ads
Next Post

30 Comments

1. So glad to find another home-schooler who supports Ron Paul. Please come join us at http://ronpaul.meetup.com/801/.
    I have started a Homeschoolers for Ron Paul coalition and we need more homeschoolers to tell other homeschoolers about Ron Paul.

My blog is http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/RonPaul2008

2. nh4ronpaul

/  August 29, 2007

A lot of homeschoolers support Huckabee when he is into NCLB and Ed ’08.

These are Rockefeller groups!

3. Wow! What an emotion filled video! America is dying at the hands of greedy pigs who will sell out our country to huge corporations and international banker (so called) elites.

Thank You for posting this, I am already a Ron Paul supporter, and that video just gives me goosebumps. This may be our last (mostly) un-rigged election so lets act like it and get the word out!

God bless,
    chris in Idaho

4. Desert Rat

/  August 29, 2007

Becky,

Thanks for sharing your story and the video. Your children are beautiful children. Home schoolers rock.

The Old Desert Rat

5. earl

/  August 29, 2007

Thank God For Ron Paul !!

6. Philalethes

/  August 29, 2007

I was a hereditary, lifelong California Peace & Freedom left-Democrat before I began to learn the truth in 1981. I heard of Ron Paul that year, and began occasionally sending him money; he is the only “politician” I have ever given money to.
    My concerns have not changed a bit: peace, freedom, alleviating suffering and protecting our only home, this Earth. What has changed is I now know how all these could really be addressed, rather than just cynically talked about and then forgotten, as all the Demogogues and Republicrats habitually do in their perpetual search for evermore power and wealth.
    The last time I bothered to vote was in 1988, for Ron Paul; I haven’t bothered since. I’m planning to register Republican –which will likely provoke heart attacks among family and old friends — so I can do my bit in the primary.
    After that … well, as we Ron Paul supporters said in 1988, “I’d rather vote for what I want and not get it, than vote for what I don’t want and get it.” Whatever happens, my conscience will be clear.
    Thanks for the link to a great video.

7. I’m a former Democrat, now an independent, but I’ll be switching to Republican to vote for Ron Paul in the primary. I think you sum it up best when you say you disagree with him on some issues, but his philosophy is such that you don’t have to fear that he’ll ram it down your throat because in 99 cases out 100, it’s not the government’s business to begin with!

8. GH23

/  August 29, 2007

If we all can just tell 10 people about Paul, and they do the same, and so on and so on, his message will move them. He always says it’s not him, but the message.

Vote for Paul in ’08 or I don’t even bother voting.

9. TJ

/  August 30, 2007

cute kids!

RP 08′

10. Im hopelessly lost when it comes to politics. I know I should get more proactive. I’ll go look at the video.

11. What an amazing video! I’ve been saying the Ron Paul should run for president since 2005 and am SO PROUD to see not only that he is running but that so many people are hearing the message of Liberty and Peace and supporting the revolution!

12. Heidi

/  August 30, 2007

Thanks for the video – – it was awesome – – and of course, I Googled him after that. I have voted Ralph Nader in the past; however, I am a HUGE supporter of our Constitution – – and would like to see it actually used and mean something again. I will do some additional research – – but it looks like I might cause my family heart failure (as my Dad is a firm believer in voting “party lines” – – and we have very rarely agreed about anything political) – – as I will probably vote for him.

13. Becky,

Thanks for posting this.

I am working with the Ron Paul grassroots effort here in Myrtle Beach, SC. I’d simply like to express my appreciation to you and all of the home schooling folks for thinking enough of your children by taking on this great task of raising our next generation of educated leaders (and not leaving up to the government)…

…and with any luck, there will remain a republic worth leading.

Tom

14. Bob R

/  August 30, 2007

I became aware of Ron Paul when he wrote Case for Gold: A Minority Report of the United State Gold Commission in 1982. Since then his consistency in word and deed makes it not seem right to call him a politician — statesman seems much more appropriate.

Another good video of Ron is his “Candidates@Google: Ron Paul” video. A 65 minute interview with (mostly) questions from the audience; not once does he equivocate or beat around the bush: he forthrightly answers the question that was actually asked — try to name any other politician that could/would do that.

Re: donating money. Ron Paul is the only politician I have ever donated money to — and that was for his congressional election in Texas: I live in Washington State and have never even been in Texas.

15. All you forum people And blogger out there, get this on
    all the forums and blogs for home schoolers.

Let people know about Ron Paul’s stance on education and homeschooling!

The only reason they won’t vote for him is because they don’t know who he is and what he stands for.

Give them the info!

http://ronpaullibrary.com Do a search for Homeschooling!

Many articles come up, here is one!

The thing about Ron Paul that makes him more important than
    Huckabee on this issue, is HE HAS BEEN FIGHTING FOR THE ISSUE AND HAS THE DOCUMENTATION TO PROVE IT!

Please get the word out to all mailing lists , forums, blogs,
    and let people know !

In New York you must be registered as a Republican by October 12th, 2006, to vote for Ron Paul in the Primaries.

Find out what your state requires!

16. Every time I find a new blog full of people discovering Dr. Paul for the first time, it just makes my heart glow with hope. The message of liberty and peace IS spreading, and I’m happy that you folks have discovered him, too. I voted for Dr. Paul in the 1988 election when he ran for President as a Libertarian, but election times usually just fill me with despair. This is the first time in my life that I have actively campaigned for anyone or donated any money to a presidential candidate. Did you know that Ron Paul has had more campaign donations from soldiers and families of the military than any candidate of either party? I am so inspired by this man that I created my own web site to try to spread the word. I’ve been told it’s a good place to get started. Feel free to check it out and spread it around if you so desire.

17. Hi there,

I just wanted to say that people abroad wish you luck as well!
    I don`t think there ever was a US-presidential campaign with foreigners cheering like this for a candidate.
    I don`t like categories like “americans” or “germans”, but I admit falling in that collectivist mindtrap once in a while.
    I used to think “you americans” went all mad, when you elected Bush twice.
    Now when I think of americans, I think of the wonderfull supporters of Dr. Paul and of that awsome constitution you have (a fact I`ve learned about through Dr. Paul).
    Please make him your next president and I`ll take pride in the words: “Ich bin ein Amerikaner” (reference to JFK every German understands…he said “Ich bin ein Berliner” in Berlin during the cold war).

All the best

Fabio from Munich, Germany, where we made a Ron Paul rally on the 4th of July 2007

PS:
    Have a look at http://www.whowouldtheworldelect.com

18. phoo

/  August 30, 2007

This is great to see.

We are home-schoolers too. Dr. Paul strongly supports peoples right to school their children at home. I’ve heard him mention it several times.

I don’t know what state you are in, but we need to get Dr. Paul the nomination for the Republican party and we don’t have a lot of time. Forget the rules for your state. Be safe and just hold your nose and go register Republican.

If enough of us do that we will be the party. We will have taken it over!

Encourage your friends to switch too. Tell them we are staging a coup of the Republican party.

And find the people that are working to get him elected. Go to ronpaul.meetup.com. Get your kids involved. It is great homeschooling. Work on projects like letter writing or delivering materials door to door. It is great for them to learn ways to take political action. It is their right.

19. Tara

/  August 30, 2007

Our meetup groups had a booth at the Southeast Homeschool Expo and had a great response!

Homeschoolers are thoughtful people and will love the thoughtfulness of Ron Paul on all the issues. The man makes sense!

The next step after “discovering” him is to go to http://www.meetup.com and join others in your area to promote him. We only have about 3 months to make his name a household word. Get your homeschooled kids in on the act….We’re making history!

20. Tara

/  August 30, 2007

wwww.meetup.com

Join us!

: )

21. P. Nicholson

/  August 30, 2007

My story is close to the same. I saw the Fox debate and knew about the blowback. When Rudy attacked him for stating the facts I knew Paul was going to win the debate.

After that, I googled him.. and immediately sent money (something Ive never done) I started a meetup group… I drove 7 hours away to hear him speak at his Birthday BBQ.

Inspired is not a strong enough term to describe the feeling I have. Hope is more like. We simply have got to get him in office. He is the only pro-american candidate on the stage.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It reminds me that Im not alone!

Parke
    Mississippi Gulf Coast Meetup

22. shadeclan

/  August 30, 2007

I am glad to find so many other homeschoolers discovering Ron Paul. I am also glad to see that people are turning from party politics to support their consciences. As John Quincy Adams once said: “Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.” I will never vote straight party again!

I agree with Tara – what a great education for your kids to show them how the process is supposed to work!

23. Hi Becky and family. Your kids are beautiful. It’s great to hear that you are a Ron Paul Fan. I was driven to your site by http://www.dailypaul.com

Ron’s message of freedom, liberty, transparent & constitutionally limited government transcends political party lines. Dr. Paul is the real deal, and 100% authentic through and through. It’s time for American’s to mobilize and fight for civil liberties, privacy, and constitutionally protected freedoms.

Many of our friends and family don’t enjoy reading as you do. Some don’t have computers for research, can’t view the YouTube videos on a high speed connection, missed the debates, and don’t have cable TV. How do we spread the word and awaken them? I suggest the Ron Paul DVD.

Purchase DVD’s at cost to mail and share with friends here: http://www.ronpauldvd.com

Order inexpensive Ron Paul business cards to hand out here:http://www.libertytalk.com/liberty_card.php

Buy a Ron Paul T-shirt (google it), print your own, either way…………… wear it, and have an RP card and DVD to hand out.

Thank you for supporting our “last chance freedom candidate” prior to authoritarianism.

David – San Jose, CA

24. Just another home-school friendly Ron Paul supporter here, weighing in to say… you made the RIGHT choice.

RP 08 FTW

25. samuel

/  August 30, 2007

Hi im a 18 year old home-schooler and my father home-schooled his last year in high-school. He heard about Ron Paul when he first ran in 79. I have followed him since about 2004. Are whole family and church (all home-schoolers) know about him and like him (thanks to my dad). My dad also is the auther of dollar noncents
    (a short book on money and the fed).

26. Mike

/  August 31, 2007

God bless you for making this post and God bless Ron Paul.

27. As a fellow homeschooler and Ron Paul supporter, I am thrilled to see your support for him. This video is, in my opinion, the most powerful video to date.

“In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” -Mark Twain

28. Hi

My name is John Vidurek from Hyde Park New York my wife and I home school. I am involved with various networking groups working to get the word out about Ron Paul. One of these groups is Ron Paul Friends USA of which I am the North East Territory Director. I am writing to this forum to see if any would be interested in joining us in our endeavor.

Our plan is simple 8 people working with 8 people in a methodical plan [Nation Wide] with the objective of getting Ron Paul nominated at the Primaries. We “must” be in position at that time to elect at Precinct Conventions and across the country swarms of delegates that are Ron Paul Friends with the objective of dominating the County or Senatorial District Convention and then we “must” dominate the State Conventions by sending delegates to the State Convention and then the National Convention. We “must” succeed at this if we are going to get Ron Paul elected President. This is the Goal of Ron Paul Friends.

The beautiful results of our plan puts us in a position to have a national network of Ron Paul “voting” friends right down to the neighborhood and block level in place, far in advance and far stronger then any other candidate by the time election day comes around. With Ron Paul Friends efforts and all the other grassroots efforts across the country we “will” elect Ron Paul President in a land slide.

So it is that simple 8 Ron Paul friends working with 8 Ron Paul friends with a plan to dominate the State and then the National Convention. This is an important goal if we want Ron Paul nominated. The Democrat and the Republican parties are pros at this and if they dominate they could rob this election. We “must succeed”!

If this interests you please call me at (845) 229-0250 and you can visit my site at http://www.Vote2008RonPaul.com

Thank you for your time.

Last call for Liberty;